Thursday, September 15, 2016

Unknown DNA Match Common Shared Matches With Veteto & Estes

I am so frustrated with a DNA match right now. This one person on Ancestry matches with me, both my 2 uncles and my cousin. I have been trying to figure out how they are related and who they are.


                   
They match with my uncle at 724 cm across 36 segments. That is a pretty good match. They are about 1st cousin to great grandparent level. I check on the shared matches, they shared match with other cousins who are from the Veteto family line. Now here is the kicker. They also related to my cousin who is an Estes at 1665 cm at 66 segments. That put them related to my cousin at half sibling to grandparent. That is very very closely related. You may wonder why don't I just contact the match? I tried at least 3 messages since Aug 14, 2016 and still no reply back. I have no idea if Ancestry message system is on the fritz again or not. I know last week I got a message from someone I wrote back in Dec of 2015. I message them back to ask them to remind me what I wrote to them about in the first place, due to I can't recall that far back. I haven't heard back from them. As you can see now why this match is so frustrating to me. I am hoping this person will contact me back soon. I don't want to be a DNA stalker.

Until I hear back from them, I have been trying to figure out the one only last name they had and try to research their family to see how they might be related to the Veteto and Estes family line. So far no luck on seeing the connection between the two. This should be interesting on how this turns out. I have my suspicions on the Veteto side, but not on the Estes side.


Update: Found who the match is: It is a 1st cousin child who took the test. Yipee, they are related from both sides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment