Monday, November 7, 2016

Margret Elda Cunningham 1829-1898

This week I have been chasing after the Cunningham family line. Margaret Elda Cunningham is my 3rd great grandmother.
She was born 12 Dec 1829 in I believe Hancock Co. Indiana.



I am not sure how or if she is related to the people in the 1850 census record above. I need to do more research of this family group. This census was taken in Oct 1850



On the 1860 census record, Margret is living with Levi Harding and his family. I dug into this family group to see if I can see if Margret is related to them or not. The answer I believe is yes, looks like Levi was her half brother. It seems he either goes by Levi or Irvin, the last name spelled Hardin or Harding. I found a 1850 census record of Margaret living with Rebecca Cunningham and Irvin Harding. In the above record there is a Rebecca age 59. Her maiden is Wilson. She was married to Mel Harding in 2 April 1820 in Fayette Indiana.They had a child name Irvin. Rebecca married William Cunningham on 9 July 1824 in Rush Indiana. Looks like she remarried to a Dungan.



This census was taken in Sep. 1850. Looks like Margaret was on two census for 1850. It looks like she may had 2 sisters Sarah J born in 1827 and Armilda C. born 1832. Both being born in Indiana.
The below record is Margaret marriage to Jeffery Jones. They were married 2 Dec 1860.







Before 1880 they moved to Neosha, Woodson, Falls Kansas. It looks like her half brother Levi lived in Kansas too. In 1880 he was in Coffey Kansas. I also found him on a Kansas census record for 1895 in Neosha Falls Kansas.




She passed away on 26 Nov 1829 in Neosho Falls, Woodson, Kansas

No comments:

Post a Comment